Blog - Mobile App Development Company
AppInventiv is a top web & mobile app Development Company specializes in Android, iPhone, iPad, iWatch, Wearable, Augmented, and Healthcare etc.
Major business giants are no running on the single operating systems such as windows, Androids, Linux, and iOS. Every business company now support their customer through their smartphone, tablet, personal computers and now cutting-edge devices such as smart watches and other wearable devices. Many enterprises are now supporting the many platforms anywhere from android to iOS including windows and blackberry OS. The aim of this article is to explain the indispensability of cross-platform mobile app development to get the auspicious kick-off for your business. As most of the developer and also business persons today are facing the different challenges in deciding whether to go for native mobile app development or cross-platform mobile app development.
Cross-platform mobile apps
Cross-platform mobile apps are a type of mobile app that runs on the various operating systems such as android or iOS. There is generally two type of cross-platform mobile apps respectively Native Cross-Platform Apps and Hybrid HTML5 Cross-Platform Apps. The both types of the cross-platform mobile app can vary from each other in terms of software development kit (SDK), graphics user interface (GUI) and UI & UX. Without getting much deeper about technical details of the mobile app, I shall start giving you brief explanation about the benefits and drawbacks of using the cross-platform mobile app.
MUST READ: 5 Points to be Considered while Testing your Mobile App
Advantage of using cross-platform mobile app
1. An ideal app platform for B2B apps. As supported most of the platform it will be easy to approach to most of your customer.
2. It provides your customer enticing tangible experience compare to the native mobile app which sticks to only the single platform.
The cross-platform mobile app development provides more benefits during maintenance and up gradation period. If you will be able to find a bug in coding, it needs to be fixed only once.
4. When it comes to technical aspect it is much quicker and simpler to understand how to use a single development tool instead of using multiple ones and it keeps your costs down.
5. Having the ability to create apps that can be supported too many platforms is a huge win for cross-platform app development tools. This is the most essential for small and mid sized businesses that do not have the higher budget to hire the mobile developers for Android, iOS, and Windows separately.
Drawbacks of using cross-platform mobile app development for your business app
1. Each platform has its unique style and functionality missing in other. Hence, cross-platform mobile apps are limited by functionality and tools that you will find in the native app but not in the cross-platform mobile app.
2. When talking about iOS and Android, for instance, they both have a distinct configuration in terms of display size, functions, layouts etc. So when it comes to designing and developing the cross-platform mobile app for your business, it will not have all the features that native app has.
3. The user interface and user experience along with user interaction will not be as effective as native mobile app development.
There is still a lot more aspect the question about whether cross-platform mobile app development is right option to develop your business mobile app. I would recommend going for a cross-platform mobile app development, as it is ideal for business and provides great service if your customer is really not concerned about UI and UX.
AppInventiv Technologies is a leading mobile app development company with over 230+ apps built, offering iPhone, iPad, Android and web application development services.